Welcome to Nadiyah's Flash Blog

Occasionally, I'll sit down and write little short snippets of what could someday turn into a longer story...or not. Either way, I thought, "Hey, why don't I post them so people can read them?" So, here they are. Uncut. Enjoy.

PS. The book I'm using is called, "500 Five-Minute Writing Exercises." I wrote it because I needed one like it. If you would like a copy, you can go HERE. You can also Follow nadiyahak on Twitter.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Baby Boom

Ex 365. "And I think the crib should go there."

"And I think the crib should go there," Adriana said as she walked through the extra bedroom with Matt, her husband of five years.

Matt looked at her and was completely dumbfounded. Granted he loved the smile she was giving him; he loved when she looked so happy. He just had one question. "Crib? Crib for what?"

She huffed and put her hands on her hips.

"Oh. Oh, wow!!! You're pregnant."

"No," she corrected. "We're pregnant."

"Oh, yeah, honey, that's...that's..."

Her eyes bore into him as she waited for him to find the right words. "It's great, right? After five years of trying, you'd better think it's great."

The only problem was he couldn't have children and never told her that. So, Matt had a dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment